"I am not tragically colored. There is no great sorrow dammed up in my soul, nor lurking behind my eyes. I do not mind at all."

Zora Neale Hurston

Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Got My Sisterlocks!!!

Hey!! Guess who has sisterlocks?! I do!! After 24 hours, hour long commutes four days in a row, and perpetual numb-butt syndrome (lol!) I finally have locks!! I have TONS and I do mean TONS of pictures to show! Before I put up a gallery for the Sisterlock installation I'm going to post a personal Sisterlock FAQ (Courtesy of me) below!.


How long did it take to get Sisterlocks?
For me, it took around 24 hours. I have a large head (lol) AND I have relatively thick hair. My hair was done in four days (6 to 8 hours each day relatively) to ensure that the work was done neat and there was no poor work done due to fatigue. Usually for the consultant that owns the shop it takes just two days. 


How much did it cost?
Sisterlocks can cost anywhere from 400 to 800 dollars depending on-predominantly- your hair length and somewhat on the consultant you choose to do you hair. My consultant and the Master Sisterlock Trainer that supervised and lent a gracious hand in my installation were EXTREMELY generous in what they charged me. I have 4 to 7 inches on my head depending on the area on my head (i.e the hair at the top of my head is longer that the hair at the back) and my consultant was gracious enough to take into account that I am headed to college in a few months. My Sisterlocks cost 400 dollars. (The other consultants I contacted were ready to charge me anywhere from 650 to 800 dollars) I was so lucky to have found the Sisterlock trainee and trainer that I found!!


Is the Sisterlock installation painful?
If your tender-headed it can be a...challenging experience lol. But otherwise it feels like you are getting box braids.


Who was your consultant?
The wonderful Pamela Henderson was my consultant. She works as a Sisterlocks Trainee under the highly talented and sociable Master Sisterlocks Technician Stacy Ann. Ms. Henderson worked on the majority of my head as Stacy Ann ensured the parting and installation was done PERFECTLY! She took every corrective measure possible to make sure the locks were impeccable. She specializes in every hair service conceivable!! Sisterlocks, Brotherlocks, Traditional Locks, Dreadlocks, weaves, perms...etc. They are wonderful!! Very personable and reasonable Sisterlock consultants that will make your installation process more than memorable. Not to mention her salon is very neat and cozy, you can clearly see that she takes pride in her business by how happy all of her clients are to see her and how efficient her work it. Below is the contact information for my Consultant Pamela Henderson and my Master Sisterlock Technician Stacy Ann.


Pamela Henderson (Trainee Consultant)


Her Number: 212-926-0538
Email: pamelaanhen@aol.com
If she doesn't answer just leave a message she will promptly call you back!


Stacy Ann (Master Sisterlock Trainer Consultant)
Her Number: 914-837-2337
Website: http://www.infinitihairsalon.net/ 
When you call just ask for Stacy and if she doesn't pick up leave a message she will definitely get back to you!


I can't stress enough how wonderful, reasonable, and sociable these women were to me!


Below are some pictures of Stacy Ann's great work! Years of experience in Sisterlocks...






































































She owns a salon in White Plains (Lovely Area) by the name of Infiniti Hair Salon. For More information (especially if you live in New York and want sisterlocks) I advise you to click on that link and contact her. Even if you don't live  near White Plains, I assure you the commute is more than worth it!! :D


What size Sisterlocks do you have? 
Sisterlocks can be either micro, small, medium and if they are large they are called Brotherlocks. I have micro/small Sisterlocks at the front of my head, medium-sized in the back/middle area of my head and at the sides and small Sisterlocks at my nape area.


Are Sisterlocks permanent?
Depending on the texture of your hair sisterlocks can take anywhere from a few months to a full year to actually lock. (There are stages in the maturation of the locks: Baby, Teenage, and Mature are the stages.) During the time that it takes for your hair to lock you can remove the Sisterlocks. Although I would suggest that if planning to get Sisterlocks consider it as a permanent change. The installation process is extremely tedious (one of the reasons it's expensive) and removing them is just as if not more tedious.


For anymore question please just comment and ask!!! My next post will contain a gallery of my ENTIRE installation process. If you have just found this blog please read my previous posts. They will aid you in following this blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment